The iPad has created a new category and the second version has been completed redesign in a very short time. it is amazing the marketing success as a couple of months ago very few people had an iPad an as today millions of people are using it, this product has become a real blockbuster in the market.
“With more than 15 million iPads sold, iPad has defined an entirely new category of mobile devices”… “While others have been scrambling to copy the first generation iPad, we’re launching iPad 2, which moves the bar far ahead of the competition and will likely cause them to go back to the drawing boards yet again.”, said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO.
What are the differences:
- it is more comfortable to hold, is rigid, steady and more precise and the back is build in aluminium
- the cover is also something new in the design, it comes in 10 colors, attaches magnetically and aligns perfectly with the iPad 2, it helps to protect the screen but also you can fold the cover tu use it as a stand for typing or watching a video
- all of these has been done without compromising the design or weight thinner 8,8 mm (the original one was 13,4 mm)
- new applications as FaceTime (a rear-facing camera that captures 720p HD video)
- it has a new Dual-core A5 chip that really enhances the performance – and the best 10 hrs battery life
- for presentations you can also project what you are doing in your iPad 2 to the TV, not using the AirPlay but connecting the iPad 2 to the HDTV using a cable that Apple will sell for 39€.
People from Apple defines the new iPad 2 as a giant leap forward, but knowing how fast is the time to market for the new versions at Apple, we are sure the version 3 will be soon in the market.
The first version of the iPad is not going to be produced more, so if you want an iPad you will have to buy the new version.
It will be in the market in USA on the 11th of March at 499$ and in Europe we will have to wait until March 25th the price is 499€ (690$) for the 16GB, Wi-Fi+3G version, the same price of the current 16GB Wi-Fi-only iPad. The new iPad will cut down the price point for the 3G model significantly.
If you are thinking to but the new iPad, I suggest to watch its official demo video.
Note that the 25th of March is the same day as the Nintendo 3DS is launched in the market.