In this blog, I am not going to talk about usability or accessibility, although without these to elements the design is worthless, so I will write about these in a future post.
As the proverb say “last impression last”, in the same way, the visual appearance of the website is the first thing the visitors will notice.
The basic principles are:
1. Contrast using elements that differ somehow in the same space provides visual interest.
2. Repetition repeating design elements throughout a web page and a website, provides visual stability to the site design.
3. Alignment refers to lining up the top, bottom, sides, or middle of certain graphic elements on a page. This helps to create cohesion and a more logical user experience.
4. Proximity helps to show relationships between elements.
To do list:
- Look and feel of the website on the logo and company colors.
- Design concepts on purpose, requirements and visitor needs.
- Flexible design.
- Keep it simple.