As per Wikipedia, content marketing groups all marketing formats that involve the creation or sharing of content for the purpose of engaging current and potential consumer bases. Content marketing subscribes to the notion that delivering high-quality, relevant and valuable information to prospects and customers drives profitable consumer action. Content marketing has benefits in terms of retaining reader attention and improving brand royalty.
Basically, content marketing is the art of communicating with your customers and prospects without selling. It is non-interruption marketing. Instead of pitching your products or services, you are delivering information that makes your buyer more intelligent. The essence of this content strategy is the belief that if we, as businesses, deliver consistent, ongoing valuable information to buyers, they ultimately reward us with their business and loyalty.
Thought leaders and marketing experts from around the world, including Seth Godin and David Meerman Scott have concluded that content marketing isn’t just the future, it’s the present.
The Content Marketing Institute (CMI) has indicated 6 top reasons why you need to start implementing content marketing strategies:
- A change in buyer attitudes toward the “credibility” of content
- Traditional media sources can’t be counted on to assist you in reaching your customers
- Shrinking media company budgets reduce content quality
- Selling to your customers is becoming more challenging
- Because technology is both cheap and easy to use, even small companies can deliver great content solutions to a targeted customer base
- Businesses have now learned how to create great editorial content
One thought on “What is Content Marketing?”
Pingback: Content Marketing Check-List | Carlose Lopez | Blog