Content must have the right balance between being informative and entertaining, while also making sure it supports a larger company strategy.
To put together a good strategy think about business considerations:
- Competitive advantage: your business content should focus on what your business does best
- Branding: every piece of content that you create needs to reinforce your brand in some way
- Audience’s goals will help to define the purpose of your content
- Audience’s interests will help define content topics
- Available resources content contributors, their skill sets, time are key consideration when defining the channels and schedule
You have also to define the purpose of the content:
- To inform, teach, inspire, entertain, persuade, start a conversation, spark a controversy, express an opinion and share industry knowledge or resources
Identify typical content types:
- Articles or blog posts, infographics, videos, animations, tutorials, presentations
Mix purposes, content types and buyer personas:
Continually test and evaluate: always look for opportunities to gain insight into how your audience responds to your content and then make adjustments and improvements.