I’m a Senior Digital Manager with 13+ years of international business and IT experience across internet, software, consultancy, media, entertainment, education, insurance and healthcare. From start-ups to global companies.
My background is in leading distributed and cross-functional teams to deploy technology to reduce costs and complexity, make better products, and develop new business models. Huge advocate of using varying degrees of Agile e.g. XP, Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, within Delivery Management.
I have a passion for the digital industry and how it is significantly changing business and the society as a whole.
Senior Digital Delivery Manager – Valtech | Information Technology & Services | London, UK | Sept. 2015 – present
- Lead digital transformation engagements of £500k – £3m per phase. Responsible for Agile digital delivery, client engagement, scrum team and performance management, continuous improvement, budgeting, revenue and risk management. Using Rally, Trello, TFS, Jira and Confluence. Reporting to Head of Professional Services.
- Bupa Global | Insurance Managed 2 scrum team within a release and 3 streams of work, the migration and refactoring of the existing Sitecore to the latest commercial version, the quote engine project from inception to delivery and the build of the delivery pipeline with the DevOps team.
- Smith & Nephew | Medical Devices Managed 2 scrum teams within a release responsible of the redesign and enhancement of the user and brand experience of the corporate website, including SEO and analytics. In addition to this project, I managed the discovery, estimation and cost of migrating 140+ sites to the latest Episerver version, including new personalisation and analytics functionality.
- NHS England | Hospital & Healthcare Managed 1 scrum team within a release responsible of the analysis and code refactoring of the emergency care pathways integration with the frontend and Neo4j.
Digital Program & Delivery Manager – QS Group | Education & Global Events | London, UK | Mar. 2013 – Sept. 2015
- Implemented Agile in digital production, digital marketing and content production. Led transformation programs across digital, operation, technology, marketing and customer experience.
- Responsible of digital delivery, capacity management and scrum resources in-house and offshore in Pakistan. Tech: Jira, Confluence and Axure. Worked alongside business units, led product backlog and sprint prioritisation, delivery roadmap and innovation for digital products. Led process re-engineering programs to reduce complexity in business operation.
- The work covered Drupal migration and refactoring, user and brand enhancement experience, responsiveness, new product development to support sales, online reporting tools, Salesforce integration, personalisation, SEO and analytics, enhanced search functionality among others. Reported to the company Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Global Online Marketing Manager – QS Group | Education & Global Events | London, UK | May 2012 – Mar. 2013
- Created and executed online marketing strategy for TopMBA.com, driving traffic, acquisition, engagement and revenue.
- Accountable of online marketing across EMEA, Eastern Europe, Asia, APAC, LATAM, North America and India; included tactics email, inbound marketing, content strategy, SEO, PPC, social media, advertising and lead generation. Achieved increase in traffic (37%), page views (19%), email registration (15%), Facebook (5%); reduced CPA (8%).
- Managed product roadmap, budget of £850k and 6 line reports. Reported to Commercial Director.
Senior Digital Consultant – PRISA Group | Media | Madrid, Spain | Sept. 2011 – Jan. 2012
- Managed user generated campaigns (combined budget of $750k) across digital, radio, press and events; led Agile teams in USA and Spain. Reached 7m impressions, 10k page views; 252 video submissions, 1.4k Facebook Likes, 1.3k Twitter followers increase.
- Consulted PMO in designing and implementing processes to evaluate digital projects ranging from €100k to €9m.
- Created and implemented a communication strategy to engage employees in digital transformation across 22 countries, using the corporate intranet, blog, twitter, in-company incubator and events. Gave training at the PRISA Online Business Manager
ZED Group | Telecommunications & Entertainment | Madrid, Spain | Nov. 2009 – Jan. 2011
- Launched citaxcita.com business and managed campaigns across digital, press, TV and mobile. The created business model helped ZED to create 2 TV programs and mobile mega-promos generating €3m in revenue the following year.
- Managed diarionegocio.es digital transformation, implementing Drupal, ad server and digital sales packs.
- Launched 3 social games in Facebook achieving 213k followers; 4.6 review rate and brand awareness for IZ.com.
- Gave training at the in-company development program in digital and inbound marketing. Managed a budget of €700k. Reported to Ecommerce Director.
Marketing Project Manager – tmw Unlimited | Marketing & Advertising | London, UK | Nov. 2008 – May 2009
- Responsible for delivery, client services, stakeholder management and commercial support. Managed and deployed Agile projects with a combined budget of £500k. Reported to Head of Project Management.
- Royal Air Force (RAF) | Military Took over, managed and delivered the Altitude project; led the relationship with 5 different contracting digital agencies and the client. The project was running behind schedule, budget and scope was continuously growing. Launched this project on time, within budget and with the set of features required by RAF. Tech: bespoke CMS and CRM, Nedstat
E-business Project Manager – MediaOne | Internet | Dublin, Ireland | February 2007 – October 2008
- Responsible for delivery, service design, coach, client services, stakeholder management and commercial support. Managed and deployed Agile projects with a combined budget of €500k per phase. Reported to Business Director.
- Meteor.ie | Telecommunications Responsible of project managing the implementation of the ecommerce strategy, UX enhancements, new features development and on-going support managing the helpdesk online ticketing system, allocating work within the team and making sure the agreed SLA was met. Meteor online store was awarded the best ecommerce site in Ireland in 2007 due to its clear check-out process and security by Amas.ie. Tech: .Net, bespoke CMS, SQL Server DB, Realex payment gateway, Google Analytics, Movex and Basecamp.
- Dublin Chamber of Commerce | Non profit Managed the redevelopment of the existing members’ extranet. Responsible of the project from inception to delivery. The core functionality created allowed users to renew their membership, book networking events, read business news and articles, answer polls and surveys. Tech: .Net, SQL Server DB, Realex payment gateway integrated with Sage200 SageCRM, Axure and Basecamp.
- ByrneWallace | Law Practice Responsible of doing the existing intranet heuristic audit, identifying opportunities and new features for development. Managed the design, development, testing, deployment, internal training and support of the new created intranet. The be-spoke intranet main functionality was built around document management, news and idea centre and staff directory. Used: .Net, bespoke CMS and DMS using SQL Server DB, Basecamp and Axure.
- Lisney | Real Estate Responsible of managing the redevelopment of the website and its digital proposition. The work covered a full redesign / UX and development not only of the frontend but also the backend functionality allowing estate agents to easily manage property content, map plotting and contact requests. The frontend allowed visitors to search for properties in listing and map view, contact agents, save properties and read research documents from the agency. Used: .Net, bespoke CMS, SQL Server DB, Google Analytics, Google Maps, Basecamp and Axure.
- Dublin City University | Education Responsible for the development work of the Online Estates Helpdesk development project. The system allowed students and staff to log a maintenance tickets and for the estates team to book maintenance work. Used: .Net, Oracle 10g, integration with Net-FM a web-based space and asset management application, Axure and Basecamp.
Co-founder & Software Product Director – Cravitel | Software | Madrid, Spain | March 2002 – July 2005
- Negotiated and closed financial capital funding with 2 angel investors. Identified and implemented entry, marketing and sales strategy in the Spanish market. Generated sales of €120k from 5 key accounts and created new business opportunities in the public sector. Recruited and managed 5 line reports, tech and business developers.
- Responsible of product roadmap, created a renting software program that generated €25k of additional revenue.
- Closed down the company, gave the source code to existing clients and managed exit with investors.
Account Executive – Solution Systems | Internet | Cali, Colombia | April 2000 – November 2001
Managed a budget of $20k, generated sales of $50k. Reported to Commercial Director.
- Executive MBA | IE Business School | Concentration in ecommerce and digital marketing. Madrid, Spain. 2011
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing – Universitat Pompeu Fabra | Executive specialisation in each of the dimensions of marketing. Barcelona, Spain. 2005
- BSc in Economics | Fundación Universitaria de Popayán | Thesis: Financial Impact of Environmental Taxes at Companies Producing Negative Externalities. Popayan, Colombia. 2001
- Spanish (Native), English (Bilingual)
- Interests: Play basketball, football, like running, active member of fitness club. Like traveling and lived in Colombia, Spain, France, Ireland and England. Love reading (visit my book shelf at Goodreads) and cooking